There is an option to offer online store visitors the choice of desired product parameters, rather than a plain list of product SKUs, to allow them to add a certain product variant to the shopping cart. Here is an example of how such choice options might appear in the storefront:
Depending on your design theme, such product parameters selection options may look differently—either as drop-down lists or as button groups.
How to set up
- Add one or more product features with the “Multiple values selection from a list” format in section “Settings → Product types & Features”.
- Enable the availability of editing of those features’ values in the properties of product SKUs and visibility on the website.
- Go to “Products” section, create a new product and enable the “Selectable parameters” option.
- Select the feature values which you want to make available for customers as selectable product parameters.
- Complete the base values of the purchase, compare, and sales prices, which will be applied by default to all SKUs based on the selected feature values.
- Save the product. SKUs for it will be automatically generated from all combinations of selected feature values.
- If necessary, edit the properties of each generated SKU—prices, availability for ordering in the storefront, photos.
In SKU properties you can only select photos uploaded for the entire product under the “Images & Video” tab.
Done! Open the product’s page in the storefront to check how your visitors will be able to select its parameters to add corresponding SKUs to their shopping carts.