Exporting products to CSV files help to edit a file and quickly update product-related information by importing a file back to Shop-Script. An exported CSV file can also be used to copy a product catalog to another Shop-Script-based online store.
To export products, open section “Import / Export → Export products to CSV”.
Select export parameters:
- Profile. You can set up several profiles to export different product groups or to use different export parameters. Profile names are visible only in this backend section for convenience and are not added to exported files.
- Storefront. Select a storefront whose base URL must be used in exported product image URLs.
- Encoding. Select a character encoding which is supported by your favorite spreadsheet processor; e.g., Microsoft Excel, OpenOffice/LibreOffice Calc, or iWork. If there are various special characters in your products’ properties such as →, ©, or ®, then it is advisable to select UTF-8 encoding. Selection of a different encoding might lead to loss of special characters.
- Separator. Select a separator character to be used in the exported CSV file which is supported by your spreadsheet processor. A popular separator is the semicolon (;).
- Features. Enable if you want to export product features.
- Product & category descriptions. Enable if you want to export descriptions. Or disable if you do not need to make changes to categories and products descriptions, or if your descriptions are very long and are therefore not supported by your spreadsheet processor.
- Product images. Decide how you want product images to be exported. Select one of available image sizes if you want to copy your product catalog including product images to another Shop-Script-based online store. Available image sizes are configurable in “Settings → Product images” section. Or disable image export if you only need to update product-related information in the same online store.
- Additional categories. Enable to get product entries repeated for each category they are contained in. It may be useful if you want to copy your product catalog to another inline store.
- Primary SKU. Enable to add an extra column to the exported CSV file, which must contain information about products’ primary SKUs. Enable if your products have multiple SKUs; e.g., to copy your product catalog to another online store or if you want to change primary product SKUs by importing back a modified CSV file.
- Custom parameters. Enable if you want to update categories’ or products’ custom parameters.
- Plugin fields. Enable to export values of additional database table fields containing product or SKU related information stored by plugins.
- Select products. Select a product group to be exported—all products, or a product category, or a product set or type. If you need to export an arbitrary product group not available in this list, then go to “Products” section, open a desired product listing, select the products you need to export, and click “Export → CSV”. This will create a new export profile where you need to select the necessary options.
Click “Export export” to complete the export. Wait until an export completion notification appears at the page bottom.
Later, when viewing a profile’s settings, you will see a link to download the CSV file exported last.