To set up a pickup shipping method, use “Pickup point” plugin, which you can install via Installer app.
This plugin enables you to set up an orders pickup point to available for customers from a certain geographical area such as country, region, or locality. If your online store’s order pickup points must be available to customers from various regions or cities, set up several shipping methods with different parameters using this plugin.
1. Install plugin
Open Installer app’s section “Plugins → Shipping”, select “Pickup point” plugin, and click “Install”.
2. Add a shipping method to Shop-Script
Open Shop-Script’s backend section “Settings → Shipping” and use drop-down menu “Add shipping option” to select installed “Pickup point” plugin.
On the shipping method setup page, enter the desired title and description as they will be displayed to shoppers during checkout.
Specify the following parameters:
- Taxable. If necessary, select a tax rule set up in “Settings → Taxes” section. The selected tax rule will be applied only to the orders of customers from the regions listed in the selected tax rule’s properties.
- Additional order picking time. Enter the number of hours which your staff usually needs to prepare an order for pickup by a customer. This time will be counted to show the order ready time to customers during in-cart checkout. This value will be taken into account to show order ready time to a customer during checkout. Read more about order ready time calculation.
- Offer shipping to customer types. Select the types of customers to make this shipping option available to—only to persons, only to companies, or to both customer types.
- Basic settings
- Currency. Select a currency in which you want to specify the pickup cost.
- Weight dimension unit. Select a convenient weight measure unit.
- Length dimension unit. Select a convenient length measure unit.
- Service. Enter an optional title to be displayed next to the pickup point name in the common pickup point list during checkout.
- Address. Enter pickup point’s address in arbitrary form to make visible to a customer when this pickup point has been selected.
- Shipping time. Specify the time, expressed in hours, which is necessary to deliver ordered items to this pickup point. This time will be added to the order ready time displayed to customers during checkout. This value will be taken into account to show order ready time to a customer during checkout. Read more about order ready time calculation.
- Storage time. Specify time, expressed in days, during which a customer must pick up an order.
- Availability options
- Country, region, localities. Limit the territory within which this pickup option will be available.
- Coordinates. Enter pickup point coordinates to be displayed on an online map. A map with pickup points’ locations is shown to a customer of more than 5 points are available to choose from.
- Max weight. If an order weight exceeds the specified value, then this pickup point will not be offered to a customer.
- Max dimensions. If order dimensions exceed specified values by at least one axis then this pickup point will not be available to a customer. Compact order dimensions can be calculated by a special plugin if it’s installed. If no special plugin is installed, then the shipping plugin will simply check whether any of order items’ dimensions exceed the specified values.
- Shipping cost
- Minimum order cost for free delivery. Specify the minimum order cost which will entitle a customer for free pickup from this pickup point.
- Base cost. Pickup cost, which will be displayed during checkout except for cases when free pickup is applied according to the previous setting.
- Markup for extra order weight
- Threshold weight. Specify threshold weight above which additional markup is applied to the pickup cost.
- Markup for weight. Markup for extra order weight above specified threshold.
- Markup for extra order dimensions
- Threshold length, width, height. If order dimensions exceed specified values by at least one axis then this extra markup is added to the pickup cost. Compact order dimensions can be calculated by a special plugin if it’s installed. If no special plugin is installed, then the shipping plugin will simply check whether any of order items’ dimensions exceed the specified values. There is no need to enter threshold dimensions above those specified for maximum dimensions in “Availability options” section.
- Markup for order dimensions. Markup for extra order dimensions above specified thresholds.
- Work time
- Time zone. Select the correct time zone of this pickup point. This is to correctly show pickup availability time to a customers.
- Workdays. Select days on which customers can pick up orders. This working schedule will be shown during checkout when this pickup point is selected from a list. The working schedule will be taken into account to calculate order ready time shown to customers during checkout. Read more about order ready time calculation.
- Day of the week.
- Working time.
- Orders for pickup. Specify the time on a workday until which orders are accepted to be available for pickup on the same workday. If an order is accepted after this time then it will be ready for pickup on the next workday according to the working schedule.
- Description. Additional description to show some useful details about pickup point’s operation on a specific day.
- Extra workdays. If necessary, add extra workdays to override the general working schedule on selected dates.
- Extra days off. If necessary, add extra days off to override the general working schedule on selected dates.
- Additional info
- How to reach. Describe the easiest way to the pickup point to help your customers.
- Description. Enter an extra pickup point description if necessary.
- Upload a photo. Add photos of the pickup point for your customers to easier find it.
You have set up a pickup shipping option.
To quickly add another pickup point, use “Create a copy” link in “Settings → Shipping” section.
Order pickup ready time calculation
The order pickup ready time is calculated from the following 5 values:
- Order ready time based on the time specified in “Orders for processing” column of the online store’s working schedule, either the common one or an individual one for a storefront with in-cart checkout setup. If an order is placed after that time during a workday or during a day off, then the order ready time starts at the beginning of the next workday. Otherwise the order ready time is equal to the order placement time.
- Business hours required to process an order specified in online store settings’ “Working schedule” section. This value is added to the order ready time.
- Additional order picking time specified in hours in shipping method’s settings. This value is added to the order ready time.
- Order shipping time to pickup point specified in hours in shipping method’s settings. This value is added to the order ready time.
- Pickup point working schedule including the “Orders for pickup” values specified in shipping method’s settings. If the calculated order ready time is greater than the hour specified in “Orders for pickup” for current workday or falls on a day off, then the next workday is checked in online store’s and shipping method’s working schedule settings. Extra workdays and days off are checked, too, if set up.
A customer is shown the final calculated order ready time for the nearest workday corresponding to the online store’s and shipping method’s working schedule settings.