The template of the default notification on a new order contains code which adds the list of ordered items to the notification text. This notification is sent to a customer only once—right after an order has been placed.
How do you send a message with the list of ordered items to a customer again, at any time when you need it? To do so, set up custom order action and a notification for it.
- Add a new action in “Settings → Order states” section .
- Select not to change order status in the action properties.
- Enable availability for the new action in all order statuses.
- Copy the new order notification template in “Settings → Notifications” section.
- In the same section, add a new notification. In the “Event” list select your new order action added in “Settings → Order states” section.
- Select a customer as the notification recipient.
- Paste the copied new-order notification template to the template-editing area.
- Remove irrelevant information from the pasted template by leaving only the part displaying the list of ordered items.
- Save new notification.
Done! A new action is available in all order states, in the form of an additional button.
Clicking that new button will send the ordered items list to a customer.