In Shop-Script 7 you can enable web push notifications to quickly learn about on new orders without looking into your store backend. Web push notifications appear directly on your computer screen.
Web push notifications can be enabled separately for each browser that you use. For example, in your office you can enable them, while on your home computer they can be disabled, in the same backend account.
Web push notifications only work with Shop-Script backend opened via https://.
Supported browsers are Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari on Mac OS X. Full list of supported browser versions is available on the documentation page.
In OneSignal service occasional delays may occur; therefore, some notifications may be shown to you not immediately but in a few minutes.
How to set up web push notifications
- Install an SSL certificate for your store's domain name.
To install a certificate in Webasyst Cloud, open "Cloud" app and proceed to "Domains" section.
- Open website OneSignal and sign up for an account.
- In your account on OneSignal website, open section All apps and click Add a new app.
- Enter an arbitrary name for a OneSignal app.
- Select Website Push platform and click Next.
- Choose your browser: Google Chrome + Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari.
- Enter your website URL, the Google Server API Key, value obtained during Google app creation, and disable option My site is not fully HTTPS.
- Close the OneSignal app configuration dialog.
- In section All apps click on the name of your app.
- If you are using Safari on Mac OS X, then in section "App Settings", copy "(Safari) Web ID" as shown in the picture.
- in section App Settings → Keys & IDs, copy the values of fields OneSignal App ID and REST API Key.
- Open Shop-Script backend via the https:// URL which you specified on onesignal.com website and proceed to "Settings → Checkout" screen. Enable setting "Web push notifications". Complete settings fields using the values copied during previous setup steps on onesignal.com website.
Paste value 482941778795 into “Google project number” field.
- Save web push notifications settings in Shop-Script backend.
How to enable web push notifications
To enable the new order notifications, open your store backend via the https:// URL which you specified on onesignal.com website during signup. With this requirement fulfilled, you will see option "Web push notifications" in the sidebar of your "Orders" backend screen.